Diversity in the KC Entrepreneur Community Hackathon
Define diversity in the KC entrepreneur community:
- Inclusive workforce and tech talent development, retention and attraction
- minority startup founders
- minority startup investors
- Eship should look like community
- "Inclusion," too, as it is strongly related and necessary for successful diversity efforts.
- find data to guide discussion
@aarondeacon @kc_cio Who do we contact at the city to get support for a large Hackithon?
@RuKCMO @KCMOInnovation @aarondeacon @kc_cio @MBC_KC the hackithon is focused around diversity and culture. The main issues are on paper
@RuKCMO @aarondeacon @kc_cio @KCMO @KCMOInnovation when would be a great time to pitch this proposal to you guys?
@puklabs @aarondeacon @kc_cio @KCMO @KCMOInnovation I'm open in early Dec, let's draft something on wikikc.org/%40PukLabs_Hac…
Propose Hackathon or Design Thinking Meetup on diversity in the KC entrepreneur community:
Labor After Labor - Report Examines Contributions of Working Mothers
Design Thinking Workshop:
Describe your experience with diversity in the KC entrepreneur community.
Joe Mabin at Minority Contractors Association
Alex Harris on minority entrepreneurship
Karen Curls & Bill Kimball - KC Urban Summit
Gwen Grant - Urban League
Carlos Gomez - Hispanic Chamber
Pedro Zamora - HEDC
Marvin Lyman - BEU
Carlos Gomez - Hispanic Chamber of Commerce